Senior Project Manager – London, UK
Global Lingo is continuously growing and we are looking to expand our London team. We are a young and vibrant company specialising in both Transcription and Localisation services and we’re looking for a new team member for our Translation and Interpreting team.
We’re looking for someone with excellent project management skills who is able to manage a variety of different projects ranging in complexity in the most efficient manner possible in order to ensure client retention, satisfaction and repeat revenue growth. You’ll need to have exceptional communications both written and verbal to ensure that project teams are clear to the scope, complexity and expectations of clients for all projects and that the clients are kept fully informed as to the progress, position and financial status of their projects. You will also need to have great interpersonal skills to allow you to line manage and motivate the internal team and extended project team ensuring actions are clearly delegated and that resource/quality issues are escalated in a timely fashion to the departmental managers and/or Team Lead.
Responsibilities and Duties
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To manage the more complex projects/accounts, having overall responsibility for revenue, profitability, schedule, methodology and deliverable. Ensuring client satisfaction while achieving an acceptable profit level.
- Identification and escalation service opportunities or process improvements which will lead to more efficient processing of work and/or projects.
- Management of assigned accounts including the compilation of account plans, proposals, quotations and process documents and the management and co-ordination of all stakeholders both internally and externally.
- To oversee, line-manage, mentor and develop junior project managers, with overall responsibility for revenue, growth, quality, service levels, and schedule, ensuring client satisfaction and retention.
- Develop business opportunities and account growth from clients by regular and consistent contact, including on-site, with clients checking on satisfaction levels, issues, concerns, potential developments in clients’ needs and requirements.
- Take responsibility for LQIs for existing clients by coordinating proposals and bid estimates and by attendance at all relevant meetings and calls including quarterly business reviews.
- Attend weekly team meetings and actively participate in the discussions.
- Full financial management of assigned accounts including revenue forecasting each month, delivery of budget revenue, project budget management each week, delivery of account profitability against agreed targets and developing and implementing revenue/profitability improvement plans.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills and Experience :
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing localisation projects
- Experience in managing accounts and client relationships with key customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, including development and delivery
- Ability to create structured account plans and identify key actions required to grow accounts assigned.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of localisation including internationalisation, development cycles, Engineering, DTP, graphics, translation, testing, Multimedia, translation and workflow tools and process
- Good mentoring skills.
- Structured problem solving abilities.
- Consistent performer especially under pressure.
- Comfortable with responsibility and full accountability.
- Flexible in approach to working hours and travel.
- Always plans and makes sure plans are being executed as intended.
- Remains calm at all times, showing a professional example to junior staff.
- Be self-motivated
- Be customer oriented
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Have effectual time and project management skills
Job Type: Full-time
- London, Greater London
- Project Management: 3 years
- Translation industry: 3 years
- any other language
How to apply for the role of Senior Project Manager in London
To apply for this role please email an up-to-date resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please.