Junior Sales Executive/Junior Business Development Manager – London, UK
Founded in 2006, Global Lingo is an international language services provider, with offices in London, Germany, Romania, Singapore, and Chicago, and listed as one of the top five fastest growing companies in the ATC 2016 UK Language Services Market report. As we approach the end of 2017, we are recruiting to continue the growth of the company in 2018 and beyond.
We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our sales team in a junior sales support position, learning the business and about the sales process from start to finish and attending client meetings with senior members of Sales, with the eventual goal of becoming a full member of the Sales team, being responsible for and generating new business revenue.
A thorough training program will be provided, allowing the candidate to learn directly from the European Sales Director as well as other departmental Directors, allowing the candidate to gain an understanding of how the business works, what makes us special, and a deep insight into the languages services industry. While customer contact will be initially limited during training, once industry and company knowledge is obtained, objectives will include identifying prospective clients, beginning discussions with them, and booking meetings. Once an ability to open opportunities, successfully move opportunities along the sales process, and close business is demonstrated, the ideal candidate will be able to quickly move into a full field sales role.
This person will be based in our headquarters in London, UK and will report to the European Sales Director.
The right approach and attitude to be successful in this industry is paramount, so the candidate must have a willingness to learn, and a flexible approach to tackling targets and challenges to achieve results. We are therefore open to consider the right candidate regardless of prior experience if you display the right characteristics.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and hard-working, ambitious, and interested in career progression. While the role involved is varied and you will be exposed to the full sales cycle and variety of different duties, the ideal candidate must be comfortable and happy to make cold calls to prospective clients.
Skills and experience
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Experience of working in a B2B sales environment
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Cold calling experience
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to assess, breakdown, and devise a strategy for meeting targets/objectives
- Likes competition and enjoys making money (for the company and as a result for yourself!)
- Takes pride in seeing results and delivering a high-quality service
- Experience in a similar sales role (same industry or other)
- Experience within the language services industry
- BA or Master’s degree in translation
- Consultative selling experience and face-to-face client meeting/presentation experience
Eventual performance criteria/targets
- Calls made per day/per week
- Sales emails (to prospective clients/to progress sales process) sent per day/per week
- Number of meetings booked per week
- Number of meetings attended per week
- Number of email campaigns sent per quarter
- Ability to “open doors” and create new business opportunities with prospective clients
- Revenue generated per quarter/per year
Eventual duties and responsibilities
- Make calls to prospective clients to identify requirements, establish decision maker, and generate interest
- Send follow-up sales emails
- Identify prospective clients and prepare lead lists for calling/email campaigns
- Book meetings with prospective clients
- Assist with preparing agendas, presentations, other support documentation for meetings
- Attend meetings with senior sales members
- Prepare and launch email campaigns
- Assist with organising and preparing responses for tenders, RFIs, and RFQs
- Maintain record of activity in CRM (Salesforce)
- Maintain list of “hot” prospects to focus on and move along sales process
- Maintain forecast list of projected revenue
- Attend industry events and trade shows
- Attend weekly sales department meetings, providing update on previous week’s activity, progress, achievements, and focus/goals for coming week
- Become expert about the language services industry and Global Lingo’s services and technology offering through training
- English – native or proficient/advanced level required
How to apply for the role of Junior Sales Executive/Junior Business Development Manager in London
To apply for this role please email an up-to-date resume and a covering letter to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.