Project Manager/Editor – Chicago, IL
We are currently seeking a motivated Project Manager/Editor with a thirst for knowledge to join our team in the company’s Chicago office. The role sits within our Professional Writing Services (PWS) division, providing dedicated expertise to local and global clients on transcription, minute-taking and editing projects.
The successful candidate will have exemplary writing and editing skills, a keen eye for detail, ideally with an academic background in Arts subjects (including English, History, foreign languages).
Previous project management experience is not essential. The role would suit anyone wishing to learn or develop project management skills while satisfying their interest in written communications (including both writing and editing). This person must be able to work calmly and efficiently in a fast‑paced environment, managing ever-changing requirements, while ensuring top-quality and timely service delivery, within scope and to budget.
This role reports to the Global Head of Professional Writing Services (based in London).
- Manage a range of on site, remote, and audio/video transcription and minute-taking projects from inception to delivery, ensuring quality, service delivery, and cost control at all times
- Manage all projects using our bespoke business management system, Glozone.
- Take client orders and establish a scope and budget for each project, in line with Global Lingo’s established processes and expectations
- Ensure a full understanding of each project at the time of confirmation, seeking additional information and guidance where necessary
- Assign appropriate transcribers, writers, minute takers, and editors to projects, ensuring quality and cost control
- Editing (including proof reading and full audio editing) a proportion of our transcription and minute-taking documents, in line with Global Lingo editing standards
- Ensure the delivery of all projects on time and to the quality expected by our Company and clients
- Manage problems, issues and client complaints according to our quality management processes and procedures
- Meet margin, resourcing, and quality targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s Degree level (ideally in an Arts discipline)
- Exemplary writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- An interest in current affairs and a desire to learn more about a range of subjects
- Good IT skills
- Problem solving ability
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work calmly, efficiently, and independently in a fast-paced environment
How to apply for the role of Project Manager in Chicago
To apply for this role please email an up to date resume and a covering letter to Sarah Radford – Global Head of Professional Writing Services email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.