We’re looking to hire a Translation Projects Administrator to join our ever growing Project Management team. You’ll be based in our Leeds office and be given full training and support from the very beginning.
This entry level position will involve working within our busy Projects team, supporting the project managers in all aspects of multi-lingual and multi-staged projects.
- Work with the Project Management team to choose suitable linguists for their live projects, using email and telephone to discuss their appropriateness for particular projects.
- Negotiate with linguists to get the best rate for the work.
- Build up the number of linguists in the company database by pro-actively sourcing applicants using internet searches, posting ads, speaking to current suppliers to gain recommendations, etc., vetting applications and reference checking.
- Manage small projects from start to finish under the supervision of a project manager.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to budget.
- Use the company’s internal translation management system to manage freelance linguists and clients’ requests.
- Effective communication with team members and both internal and external suppliers.
- QA (quality assurance) check translated texts against the source version before customer delivery.
- Format final files for customer delivery in file formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Credit control.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Language degree preferred.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Strong commercial awareness including negotiation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Working with a fantastic client base – Take a look at our clients
- Company Laptop
- Bespoke on the job training
- Support from an experienced and friendly team
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Lingo are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all eligible candidates. No agencies please.