Global Lingo has a proud record of offering the finest language graduates their first position in the translation and interpreting industry. At Global Lingo, they hone their academic skills with real business experience, working with leading organisations. It is an ideal learning opportunity, and many of our interns go on to take up full-time positions at the company.
Please note: We are currently only accepting applications for internships from students requiring such a placement part as part of their degree or via the Erasmus Programme.
Job description for Translation and Interpreting Project Manager Intern
The Intern will be expected to:
- Quality Assurance (QA) check translated texts in their native language before customer delivery.
- Format final files for customer delivery in file formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Assist the Vendor Manager in building up the number of linguists in the company database by pro-actively sourcing applicants using internet searches, posting ads, speaking to current suppliers to gain recommendations, etc.
- Work with the Project and Vendor Management team to choose suitable linguists for their live projects, using email and telephone to discuss their appropriateness for particular projects.
- Negotiate with linguists via email and phone to get the best rate for the work.
- Maintain and update Global Lingo’s database under the instruction of the Project and Vendor Management team.
- Use Translation Memory tools to create translation files, create/maintain translation memories, create/maintain glossaries, etc.
- Align translated materials to create new translation memories where appropriate.
If you are interested in an internship, then please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
We currently only have opportunties available in our Leeds office.
Global Lingo is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all eligible candidates